Eichtens Tilsit Cheese Aged 3 Years 1/2 lb (8 oz) Wedge
Eichten’s Tilsit is an aged semi-hard pre-ripened cheese that has a texture of a Colby with hints of Cheddar at the end. It will age up to 7 years just like in Europe which helps develop a great flavor taste.
Minnesota Born Cheese.
Excellent in cheese trays, salads, cooked dishes, burgers, sandwiches, or by itself as a special snack.
- *Pasteurized Fresh cow’s milk
- *Vegetable rennet
- *True European Culture
- *We add no coloring, artificial flavors or preservatives
- *No GMO Rennet (our milk contains no growth hormones, antibiotics, or rBGH.)
- -aged 60 days and/or longer -precise temperature aging rooms
- -moved and turned daily for correct breathing and aging.
- -The longer the aging period, the stronger the flavor.
Ingredients: Pasteurized Cow's Milk, Cheese Culture, Vegetable Rennet, Salt Brine CONTAINS: MILK
Mary’s Story on Tilsit:
After several years of working with Gouda Cheese. Mary was teaching a woman named vuselat from Turkey who had been staying with her and Joe for several weeks on the farm. Before she left to go back to her homeland, she asked Mary if there was anything that she could do for her. Mary replied, “You know I have been wanting to make the cheese known as Tilsit.” Her guest replied that she had the perfect recipe in her office. The recipe came in the mail written in Turkish. After translating into English, Mary started developing her own recipe which took 3 years to perfect the cheese the way she envisioned it.
Wine Pairing: Semi-dry Red or White
Beer Pairing: Porters, Nutty Stouts, Finnegans Amber